View Single Post
Old Sep 14th, 2017, 17:54   #4
pierremcalpine
Premier Member

This comment may come in too late but one way to minimize leakage once the system has been opened is to fully depress the brake pedal until it's nice and firm and then stick a piece of wood between the brake pedal and the seat to keep the brake pedal fully depressed [do this before you open the system obviously]. As long as the pressure is maintained, you'll get minimal drainage and you'll be able to take your time putting everything back together. I've done this successfully and had the system open for several days without issue. If you have electric seats just stick a piece of wood on brake pedal and start moving the seat forward until you are confident that you've got good pressure exerted against the brake pedal.

In my case I had really good luck using a crutch that I happened to have lying around. I leaned the crutch against the back of the seat, rotated the back of the seat VERY far forward to wedge the crutch and then carefully moved the seat forward until I was happy with pressure on the brake pedal.

Be sure to cut the pipes at a location where you'll have enough room to use the dastardly bubble flare tool! Also, make sure you select a decent solid pipe material: Copper/Nickel alloy works best if you are stuck using the hand tools for bubble flaring.

Click here for my x40 and V70 P3 repair guides

Last edited by pierremcalpine; Sep 14th, 2017 at 17:59.
pierremcalpine is offline   Reply With Quote