View Single Post
Old Oct 14th, 2017, 19:42   #6
jimboelliott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappers View Post
Hi, just got my new V40 D2 on the 26th Sept 2017 and wishing the first 10 days and 800 miles it had cut out 4 times approaching junctions or roundabouts, so by that I mean clutch down going down a gear to 2nd, looking at the junction releasing the clutch to engage and finding myself with no power, all the lights on the dash, and press start on the dash board. By this stage I'm in the junction with cars around me. Today 12 oct at 1300miles it happened for a 5th time at 30mph joining a roundabout going into 3rd.

Volvo offered me a temporary car for 3 days but unable to see it in my local garage for 20 days Guildford , do the math. So managed to get it to be looked at next week at Winchester but no temporary car. I am not impressed with Volvo so far or the after car service! Anyone any idea what the problem maybe before they comeback with no fault found which is what I expect.

Many thanks.. David
I’ve had something similar. I have a S60 D2. New February 2016. It cut out 3 times at the same place, over a 10 month period, and I had to press start button to start engine. It did it whilst turning right onto a side road, without stopping.Foot on clutch, coasting into the side road. Took to dealers, they said they have done a software upgrade, but same fault occurred again, same place. So now I leave in gear to go into the side road and it is ok. But I bet if I coasted into the side road, it would probably stall again.
jimboelliott is offline   Reply With Quote