View Single Post
Old Mar 6th, 2018, 10:29   #6
Ron Kwas
Premier Member

Arcturus;

TIA for whatever pix you can supply! I need them to make a 544 Wiperswitch to 122Wswitch comparison.

Re Washer...that's what I was afraid of...6V is just not enough oompf for the 12V motor...now if you mounted the reservoir and pump up high so pump had some help from gravity and wouldn't have to work quite so hard, that would do it!!...but you might not like the idea of driving around with your Windshield Washer Bottle strapped to your Luggage Rack...

...how about boosting the 6V to 12V and supplying the 12V Washer pump with that, while you continue to look for a 6V one (try the vintage VW world for this also!). Search for: 6V to 12V converter! One rated for 2A should do it...like this one...not terribly expensive...and should do the job: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIGITEN-DC-...YAAOSwCL9Zs9fS

...and you can take that bottle down from the Luggage Rack!

Cheers

* If you think my Luggage-Rack-Located-Reservoir-with-12V-Pump-Idea is creative...in around 1970, VW was no less creative when they came up with the idea of using the Spare Tire Pressure as the motive force for the Washer Reservoir...no kiddin'

Edit: Thanks for Pic!

Edit 2: Request to reuse/repost pic with attribution.

Last edited by Ron Kwas; Mar 6th, 2018 at 10:46.
Ron Kwas is offline   Reply With Quote