View Single Post
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 18:59   #18
Chief inspector
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebster View Post
Your venom would be easier to understand if you'd posted links to a credible source to back up your claim...
PMSL ! ....allow me to counter the other unsubstantiated opinion above with my own unsubstantiated opinion.....

Like you, I’d be more worried about the 40hp gain with a filter, unless its on a train.

My brother works for Bosch in Australia, he designs the OEM intakes for Alfa, Maserati, Ferrari and mundane stuff as well. OEM intakes are tuned in length, static resistance, filters cost buttons and are as big as they can be given the engine bay. Sometimes later models get comporomised of course. MAFS dont get contaminated with filter oil, they get gunged up because of the filter that needs to be wetted with oil that doesnt filter properly. In fairness, most mucky MAF’s are apparently due to blocked crankcase breathers.

And he still does oil bath filters...for desert spec plant and military equipment.

So no, I dont know, but I know a man who does and he tells me that crap filters on OEM are pretty rare these days, although exhausts are a different story.

Last edited by Chief inspector; Feb 12th, 2019 at 19:27. Reason: Looked like I was getting at Zeb, sorry!
Chief inspector is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chief inspector For This Useful Post: