Thread: V90 cc towbar
View Single Post
Old Jun 26th, 2018, 09:43   #37
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
You wont regret it, its very neat and intergrated to the cars sytems, like turning BLIS off when trailer attached, (wide trailer/caravan would activate it) and reverse sensor beeps turned off once hitched up, it stops coasting in eco mode and prevents pilot assist while towing, so driver is always in control, cruise and adaptive cruise still work. Rear Fog lights wont come on the car when towing, the cars trailer stability system will become active (aditional to the caravan stability system) and there is also a tow hitch guide line in reverse/360 camera for easy hitching, and trailor light check. These are the things I can remember off the top of my head.

I have read on here that one or two owners believe that you just sit in car and activate trailer light check, this is wrong, you still have to visually check them.
You are supposed to activate it then turn off engine and walk to the back of the trailer and observe the lights coming on to see if they all work.
The lights come on in sequence, rear lights, brake lights indicators etc. The trailer light check system is there so you can check lights single handed.
You're right, it is very neat and a well integrated solution. The only thing I wish is that there was an option to tell it what you have connected to you trailer electrics. 90% of the time for us its just a towbar mounted cycle rack, in which case we would welcome is disabling the reversing sensors, but leaving everything else (i.e. BLISS) switched on.

:wq