View Single Post
Old Dec 23rd, 2017, 16:51   #16
Boatie
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbrown View Post
I am guessing here, not seeing the files or the process you are going through, that this is something related to the ID3Tag information.

Without going into details (you can get the details here as well as many other places if you want to know them), the ID3Tag information is what is used by the Volvo (and other) media player to display the artist name, the album name, the track name and the track's graphical image, such as shown in this example

MN8 is the artist (actually that is wrong, but that is a different story). the Album Name is "Songs to Live and Die By" and the Track is "No Way Back". you can also see the graphic in the top left. The "Now Playing" view shows it all much better i think, i just don't have a picture of that to hand

the ID3 Tags hold a lot more information, but that is not important here.

The Volvo media player appears to use the ID3 Tag info in a way a lot of people (me included) find odd. But it uses it how it uses it, so we have to put up with it.

I do not know the EZ Vin software, but i would have thought there would be some way of getting it to include the relevant ID3 Tag info on your converted music. I'll take a look through the manual to see if i can find any hints

Other than that, you can manually edit the ID3 Tag info yourself. There are lots of programs that can do that - personally i use MP3Tag, though there are others out there. I would not class it at "Janet & John" level , but it is not too bad for basic editing.

Though it is very powerful and can really help you classify and organise your music collection if you take the time to learn its more advanced features

Not sure if this clarifies or confuses things for you
Thanks for that information (I think!) Now my head really hurts! Seriously, thanks for all your effort. I'm visiting family over Chistmas where there are several spotty youths. ( great nephews). Maybe they can translate.

Best wishes and have a good Christmas

Frank
Boatie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boatie For This Useful Post: