View Single Post
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 23:50   #12
peteS40

I might tighten mine up one notch tomorrow if a) I get brakes done and b) it doesn't rain as much as they forecast.... If I do, and I remember, I will photo it.

... I don't know why, maybe to be fair ECU still learning, but my car is now seeming down on power again (although nothing like before). It's making all the right noises, but full boost just doesn't quite seem to be there. All hoses on ok (hey, it was ME who fitted the turbo, what do you expect ) and those exhaust nuts are alright - well I checked all of them apart from "the one which is really hard to get to". Anyway the heating/cooling of exhaust probably seizes them pretty quickly and they are all locknuts.

But at least the car is still going and idling ok so will be alright for my trip up North on saturday, and if it is just a bit down on power well that is just tough. Anyway I "debadged" it so no-one can tell it is a T4 it might just be a 1.8 with a spoiler.

Re. your turbo, for more of an understanding of how simple a wastegate is, have a look at my photos section in the forum here: http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopos...php?ppuser=568 I have some piccys of the wastegate and my turbo off the car to show people what the fault was that I was getting. I have photos of parts off the car, but no photos of the car itself!! (Hint: it looks a lot like a phase 1 T4 in dark metallic blue!)

Re. Halfords, well these days they tend to seal all the books in polythene coz you weren't the first one to think of sneaking in for a quick read!!!!

Pete