Thread: HID conversions
View Single Post
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 14:28   #5
FunkyMelon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Since may 2018 HID bulbs in a halogen designed reflector housing are specifically a fail on a MOT .
Yet keeping halogens in the standard reflectors isn't an MOT fail - Absolutely unbelievable!

You couldn't draw moths to those lights on the pre-facelift models, they're that bad.

I put some high power halogens in my fairly new (from LB) reflectors to get it through it's MOT and later that night my girlfriend drove us back from a friends house - Without word a lie, we were both squinting trying to work out where the hell the road went, they're also properly aligned (by Volvo).

That's on fairly new reflectors that are still immaculate, no pealing on the silver finish etc.

They're so dangerous in stock form I'm genuinely amazed Volvo have never been sued for letting them hit production.

EDIT: My rant only applies to pre-facelift models. Like most manufacturers, Volvo refused to acknowledge there was a problem to existing customers (god forbid they spend a penny on their customers) yet quietly redesigned a much better light on the face lift model.

Last edited by FunkyMelon; Dec 3rd, 2019 at 14:31.
FunkyMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyMelon For This Useful Post: