View Single Post
Old Dec 11th, 2019, 16:11   #31
Halichopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halichopter View Post
Thanks Ruby. It makes sense to go to the effort of a full cleaning before I buy new wipers. I will try this first.
I used the TFR agent to clean the windshield and isopropyl alcohol to clean the wipers. No doubt I got lots of black residue on the alcohol soaked cotton as I successively cleaned the wipers. However when all was said and done, I still got the streaking (where wiper leaves droplets of washer fluid) in the same exact spot which happens to be right in the view of the driver.

Therefore I decided to buy replacement O/E Bosch wipers from an autoparts store. I wanted to get just the driver's side but the package only came in a pair. I did find the replacement to be easy since the wipers were identical to the originals. This is unlike when I often get wipers where they are 'compatible' with the automobile but require the user to choose amongst many different plastic adapters to find the right connection.

The cost was $63.99 at the auto parts store and the warranty was 1 month. I didn't get the wipers from my Volvo dealer because they had no warranty or just one month. In fact I found the dealer would sell these for $58.95 so I should have just gotten them at my last service at the dealer.

The windshield is streak free now. The packaging says the wipers are supposed to have a very high rating for longevity. However the 1 year longevity I experienced seems short to me. Yet I am willing to pay this cost yearly if I have to since good visibility is priceless in a rain or snow storm and skimping on wipers is penny-wise and pound-foolish.
Halichopter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Halichopter For This Useful Post: