View Single Post
Old Feb 15th, 2018, 09:12   #6
AndyPants
VOC Member

Note my phone number is now only available via ebay (or via PM etc...) since I keep getting scam calls. Would remove from eBay but not sure how!: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Volv...e/173156346268

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldmosher View Post
That's precisely why I'm tempted. I'd get about 6 years out of yours! What's the corrosion like around the engine bay and underneath? Mine isn't worth protecting but a lower mileage one definitely would be.!
Been a little while since I've looked under it now, but underneath there is a surface rust as you would expect of a near 14 year old car. I'm not aware of any issues and neither has anything been flagged in any of the MOTs, so I'm pretty confident it is solid under there. I'm sure like any 40 series though, some additional protection would likely help! The engine bay is fine as far as I'm aware, maybe a bit of surface corrosion around the bonnet stops but that's about it.

I'd expect it would provide 6 years service with no bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4owner View Post
I can vouch for this car as it was my car previously there won't be many cars this good left out there now nice to see it still looking smart and well looked after
Thanks, it's been a good car and I've enjoyed owning it! If it was petrol I'd keep it. I need to cut my cars down and it is hard to let this one go knowing it's likely the least hassle... but I'll be doing about 4k a year now all being well!

Last edited by AndyPants; Feb 15th, 2018 at 11:54.
AndyPants is offline   Reply With Quote