View Single Post
Old Jun 25th, 2019, 17:16   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher007 View Post
Went to view a 2011 s60 D3 with 91k. All looked ok till I saw the towing eye in the rear foot well. Check the bumper and could tell it had been used.

So asked about the tow. Was told the battery went flat while out at another village. Ok so checked battery and could see clearly old. Just didn’t make sense, why tow it? Also presumably it started ok to run to the village. Also noticed oil/carbon mix had been dripping on the intake pipe from what looked like an egr pcv system. The owner has been trying to sell it for some time and has 2 other cars. They seem reluctant to use it. I walked away.

Is there any issues with the s60 where they can maybe just cut out? Could the oil dripping be a sign of turbo doom?
the slight oil drip from the breather hose where it goes into the intake pipe on the 5 cylinder Diesel is fairly common ,solved with a small thin hose clamp around the housing ..
The only important matter really is the state of the servicing especially that of the Aux belt and tensioner . They were troublesome from 2007 to about 2012 volvo tried 3 times to modify it , just make sure it has had all the various re calls and that the hydraulic tensioner has been replaced by the older mechanical one . The aux belt must be changed every 54000 miles , cam belt and pulleys and aux belt and tensioner every 108000 miles or 10 years which ever comes first .