View Single Post
Old Oct 25th, 2019, 18:42   #34
Halkyon

Looking at rebuilding or at least servicing the Stromberg 175 CD2 (SE?) as the car is running lean at idle (part solved by disabling the temperature compensator) and has a small drip from the float bowl gasket. Plus I enjoy working on carbs so any excuse. For this purpose a have a cheap spare carb that is almost exactly the same but has a brass plug with a groove in the bottom that screws into the jet assembly housing whereas the one fit to the vehicle is a plastic plug.

Neither carbs appear to have adjustable jet heights and neither have adjustable needles either (I've tried with the special allen key tool for these carbs). The needle currently in the vehicle is stamped B1C or perhaps B1S and the spare B1CC. The latter appears to be standard as it is listed on various Volvo suppliers sites for the 140 but I can't find reference to B1C and the B1S is for the P1800. I suspect a previous owner changed the needle when other modifications were made, but it doesn't seem to be quite right at the moment. Perhaps somebody on this forum has a Stromberg needle chart/booklet?

Last edited by Halkyon; Oct 25th, 2019 at 19:38.
Halkyon is offline   Reply With Quote