Thread: 2.4D (2005 on) - Rough idle after repairing injectors
View Single Post
Old Mar 25th, 2019, 12:06   #1
Medeng

Default Rough idle after repairing injectors

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm new to this forum, greetings from Lithuania .

I encountered a problem with my Volvo S60 2.4D 120kw Automatic(MY2008).
In winter , when cold, my engine started to rough idle. It had been cut my ear for a long time, until I decided to check injectors. Results were bad, so mechanic told me, that injector's nozzle should be changed. He did it. After that, injectors showed a good results. I took my car and have been riding for 1 week.

And... It started again, but not that bad as it was before. I connected VIDA diagnostics and parameters for pressure and other sensors were good. Decided to change high pressure fuel regulator, and it helped a bit(didn't help when cold car and after fast ride). SOMETIMES after quite fast ride (about 150km/h) I noticed, that engine again has a rough idle and looks like it stalls on idle. Even engine sound not that noisy as it should be, looks like engine loosing it's power on idle. I will attach a video: https://streamable.com/x3vhg

On Friday, I think that I will take injectors out of the car and generate new codes after repair, as somewhere in the Internet I read and will rewrite it in ECM. This is the last thing I can think of...

Any ideas?

P.S Sorry for my "broken" English, trying to learn.

Last edited by Medeng; Mar 25th, 2019 at 12:22.
Medeng is offline   Reply With Quote