Thread: Engine: 2.3 Carb B23A/B230K: - LPG conversion
View Single Post
Old Sep 9th, 2018, 11:59   #7
BrianH
VOC Member

Default B200E and a B230E

I started the first 27 miles to 150k B200 on petrol, then up to 400k on LPG. First seen in the our Volvo Driver magazine. Then converted to a much better B230E.

The system installed was a GROOT system from Holland and it's a really basic system for £1500. The first exhaust problem was at 350k. Then the B230E I thought was hard, wasn't. Rebuild £350. Head's are the week point; even with oil injection. It must have hard inserts. Check it out on vast information about engines,

I got the London emission zone permission, before they decided I didn't have the right certificate of conversion. Don't go there now. Win-win.

Running on LPG is a learning curve. I learned a lot from IWEMA Enterprise in Holland. their book explains so much about LPG. Look it up.

Years ago LPG was 39ppl now I can get it for 60ppl, but skip 70ppl. I know my areas in Dorset and Wiltshire where I do most of my volunteer work. So search out cheap stations. I have been to Italy and John O'groats on gas but you do need an LPG map from their association.

I have a 100 ltr tank behind the rear seat on the 245 which gives me 350 miles and about 40/42mpg. I can still get a washing machine in the back still.

Love it

BrianH 670k with a broken axle. But getting it fixed. This is very hard work!!!
BrianH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianH For This Useful Post: