Thread: V50 General : - What can you expect from DSTC?
View Single Post
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:45   #1
7050man
Master Member

Default What can you expect from DSTC?

Hi everyone, with recent cold snap and usual resulting greasy roads, I have my doubts that DSTC is working properly.

First of all, there have been several occasions when the you can get quite wild wheel spin without any sign of traction control coming into play. The spin control lamp on the dash has not come on under these conditions and the car power has not been cut/wheels braked to reduce the spin.

With previously owned cars with TC systems, the car will almost stall when spin is detected until traction is regained and then car will continue to accelerate.
This is certainly not always happening now.

Second point is that I was able to induce a front slide/drift under heavy acceleration around a bend this week. From my understanding of what should happen (owners manual and sales brochure), I wouldn't have thought this would happen.

Has any one else any thoughts or experiences on this subject?

I should add that I don't go around driving on the limit, as I like to consider myself an economically minded defensive driver but if these systems are supposed to be in place, then I do want them to work.
7050man is offline   Reply With Quote