View Single Post
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 12:09   #7
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welton View Post
Thanks Lizard, I know it's going to be a PITA, I can't find much in the way of common faults with the turbo itself (including its built in bypass/blow off) I can hear the turbo spinning and it sounds really sweet as always but it won't generate boost.

Going to give the car to my garage next door at work and he can keep it for a bit, he's well respected with diagnostics and will keep delving into things he just needs the time to do it. I don't know if he can read Volvo/VIDA though.

I bet if I took it to Volvo they'd say I need a new Turbo! urgh....
Nah, to my knowledge - turbo either works or doesnt, if it was seized or damaged you wouldnt get any boost. If your boost is less than it should be its usually a actual boost leak (hose/valve etc) or you have electronical problem with car throttling turbo trough TCV command for some another reason.
I take it you dont have vida, so generic reader wont give you tcv duty cycle, but torque may give you intake temp info, it may give you some extra info for troubleshooting.