View Single Post
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 13:31   #10
cojo37

Got battery low on mine in July 2017. Had topped mine up in Plymouth and drove 200 miles to Hopwood services on M42. Went to toilets, got back in car and dropped my window down while having a sandwich. Didn't turn ignition off and warning came on inside 2 mins(before anyone says anything it's my age). Car started ok and drove home another 100miles. No problem starting but was going 100miles that day so went and had a new one fitted as it was 7 years old. That was when I found out it was leaking. No problems since.
A couple of weeks ago I was checking the caravan battery in the garage (been there 3 months and was 12.5 volts) and decided to check the car battery while I was at it. It was 12.1 volts. Checked while the engine was running and it was showing 14.9. Have only done 250 miles in the 3 months since it was serviced so put it down to that. Put it on charge for about an hour and a half, charger showing full and voltage 12.9. Will check it again next weekend and give it another top up charge. Have made a late New Year resolution of giving it a trickle charge every winter month from now on.
cojo37 is offline   Reply With Quote