View Single Post
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 22:07   #17
br1anuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyerd View Post
I've had the 2012 XC70 for 3 months now and I can say that the dipped beam headlights are absolutely terrible, in fact I consider them dangerous.

On these dark, raining winter nights, where there are no street lights where I live in the countryside, they give out no more light than a pedestrian with a torch! Many a time when there's a car on the other side of the road, it's by pure guesswork that I actually managed to stay on the road.

The dealer says that they are setup correctly, but comparing them with our Merc, the beam is set too low. They're the active bending round corner auto height adjust type, so I'm not sure if they can be adjusted manually.

What are your thoughts on the XC70 lights? What can I do so I can see more of the road on dipped beam without buying a pair of night vision goggles?

Thanks.
In the summer months we spend a lot of time in North Wales and I drive down when I finnish work at 4am, I could not believe how bad the xenons are going down dark country lanes. When you flick to full beam its as if some ones switched the lights on!
Complained to the dealers and got the usual they all do that sir?

Brian.
br1anuk is offline   Reply With Quote