View Single Post
Old Dec 20th, 2019, 11:23   #8
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by supabuilda View Post
Does anyone know how to upgrade the reversing lights on my XC40.
Despite having a top of the range, all singing, gadget crammed car with a 360 reversing camera, the reversing lights are abysmal.
In any dark place the reversing aids are not fit for purpose.
Do I really have to get an auto-electrician to fit me a couple of cheap lights after spending 40K ?
I'm with you on this one, I have a V90 and the reversing lights are pathetic. Yes, I'm aware that under 'construction and use' and 'type approval' regulations, reversing lights are primarily to warn others that a vehicle is reversing, but if a manufacturer has to fit them anyway, why not make them a useful aid for the vehicle's driver too?

There is a SPA XC90/S90/V90 facebook page which has a lot of American followers, many of them have resorted to fitting additional reversing lights under the rear bumper. Sadly the kit they've used is only available in America, having said that, I'd not want to disfigure the rear of my car to overcome a situation that the manufacturer has caused.

It'll be interesting to see if forthcoming facelifted SPA variants have brighter/larger reversing lights as I'm told that Volvo are aware of this customer dissatisfaction.