View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2012, 06:57   #25
Adi2727
Flying Transylvanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticalmass View Post
Hi Adi, thanks for the advice.

When the fuse is in and i turn the key, there is a click. Which im sure is the starter motor engaging the fly wheel, but not turning so the engine doesnt turn.

Where exactly is the starter motor on the 1.9 TD engine in the 440. i thought it was top right of the engine bay - behind the airfilter. But thinking about it can it be that far away from the block. From your pic i cant see where ithat is in the engine bay - under the plastic engine cover?

I'll add that the car was working fine when it was put in the garage so hoping its just a key/fob issue.
Hello

I had this problem 3 months ago, my car is a diesel too.

Fuses 7,10,13 and 16 must go... also fuse from 23 moved to 20 (see photo). After this, fit the wire as i told you, from the + battery to the start/stop solenoid (which is located on the fuel injection pump and under the plastic cover).

That loud click... when you turn the key is from the glow plugs relay. The click from the solenoid is more quietly.
With this method you should try a few times when starting the engine, in various combinations...fast keys, slows keys... it doesn't work all the time.

I succeeded to start the engine like this and drive away... thinking that my problem was caused by the gsm antenna's.
In fact, although i changed the batteries from remote, I realized that the remote was faulty, due to a big height fall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sigurante 3 - pentru numerotare.jpg (137.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Adi2727; May 7th, 2012 at 07:21. Reason: photo
Adi2727 is offline   Reply With Quote