View Single Post
Old Nov 20th, 2018, 19:52   #23
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo96 View Post
Coincidentally, my work colleague was having his windscreen replaced today by Autoglass. I asked them if they could provide a genuine Volvo screen and they said they could if I asked for it. He said they don't usually make a fuss if it is less than three years old.

I also asked about calibration of all of the sensors and he suggested they could do it by driving it down the road with a "box of tricks" plugged in.

I think I'm happy to let Autoglass replace the screen, what's the feeling on getting them to calibrate rather than the dealer?
I got mine done by the dealer for reassurance.

We had an Avensis on hire and it needed a new screen. It had similar camera/radar kit to the Volvo. We took it to the local Autoglass depot and they fitted the screen but said that the car had to be taken to the nearest Autoglass depot which had the calibration equipment. We are in Scunthorpe and the car had to go to Derby depot for the calibration!

I guess as with anything in life it just depends on which individual you get and how good they are and what equipment they have.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote