View Single Post
Old Nov 21st, 2018, 08:56   #26
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo96 View Post
Coincidentally, my work colleague was having his windscreen replaced today by Autoglass. I asked them if they could provide a genuine Volvo screen and they said they could if I asked for it. He said they don't usually make a fuss if it is less than three years old.

I also asked about calibration of all of the sensors and he suggested they could do it by driving it down the road with a "box of tricks" plugged in.

I think I'm happy to let Autoglass replace the screen, what's the feeling on getting them to calibrate rather than the dealer?
My previous car was a VW Touareg and 2 years ago a stone flew up and cracked the screen (car was 2 years old at the time). Insured with Aviva who use Autoglass. I spoke to Aviva and AG and both agreed a new screen was the way to go. I told AG I had OCD with my cars. The fitter arrived and was first class, he reassured me he could do the job with no issues and replace the glass with no damage and i Would not know it had been done. He was happy for me to watch while he did it and have to say they were first rate and he knew what he was doing and the job was perfect. Thing that stuck in my mind was how he actually praised his employer for providing the correct equipment for the job and not rushing him. Struck me he def had the experience and equipment to do this job which is waht he does all day where as the dealer may only do a few a year so will be AG for me again if unfortunate enough to require another screeen.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote