View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 17:19   #22
Dazzlev70r

Ken again ive no idea

Just came out of a solicitors office

I towed a 1400 kg max caravan to Spain
whilst over there an incident caused the caravan to be written off in my case
The insurance on the caravan has been invalidated as according to them I was towing more than reccomended by Volvo

Clearly my hand book and Volvos figures that were published showed this is not the case

In fact on my towbar fitted by volvo is a riveted plate of conformity showing the car it was fitted to can tow a max 2000Kg yet in a written responce from Volvo to my insurance company they accept the caravan was too heavy for the car

In UK this is a massive thing, dealers snubbing calls and refusing to comment
Volvo UK refusing to accept any liabilty or refusing to confirm actual manufactures guidelines

Ive a letter from VCUK stating its all misprints and its the dealers fault.
The dealers say they sell cars from the information given to them by VCUK

you can rack up thousands, im personaly at present down 5 grand and its that bad the finance company have agread to terminate the lease without penaltys in my case

I of course loose the private money I spent on accesories and packs I purchased.

So can any one stand up and state what car can tow what be in max, kerbwieght or nose wieght?

These cars are tow cars of the year ffs and no one can actualy say what they can tow and put there name to it

SO its a serious problem, it must affect resale values and worse if your in an accident like I was you can find these figures you show was published are not endorsed or to be relied on

Volvo should put this matter to bed, they wont as so many will back there cars if they got wind, when BBC watchdog publish there story (if there is one) then things will become clear

But in UK there are no brochures any more, just websites with claims
and disclaimers stating the information on them are subject to change.
End of day its all down to manufactures reccomended guidelines, you cant work it out yourself dependent on weight of tow car etc

And currently the manufactures guidelines conflict with each other

Anyone remember something similar years ago with Land rover?

also Ford owned isnt it? how many bought big 4x4s and later found they couldnt tow that much lol
is this Volvos turn now
Dazzlev70r is offline   Reply With Quote