View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 14:22   #523
ASt85
Premier Member

Hi Simon,
I went to use my dice for the first time today to find out why my T5 had a low speed misfire having changed the plugs and the oil - I broke one of the tabs on a no3 pot coil connector so thought that might be the cause or possibly a failing plug even though new from our favourite Volvo dealer.

Try as I might I couldn't get the laptop to communicate with the DiCe and v.v.

The only lights that showed up were a constantly flashing Firmware status LED,
The USB status lamp flashed once or twice (laptop insisted on updating driver, I tried both denying and accepting - it made no difference.
The vehicle interface status failed to illuminate at all -
The DiCE unit was connected directly to the OBD port.

I tested the OBD port connectivity using a Konnwei 809 (An Autel "lookalike") - it connected correctly to the V70's system & etc found no codes.

I took screen shots of the messages on screen -
Memory test was passed, LED test wouldn't fully run as far as I could see, it failed the communication test (pic 4)

Is there a battery within the DiCe unit that could have failed?

Can you help throw some light on what may have gone wrong?

Oddly the misfire seems to have largely disappeared/cleared - there is an exhaust leak, it is due for a new exhaust to be fitted later in the week which may having something to do with the highly random tickover misfire.

Cheers
Alan

Sorry about the oversize screen shot photos!

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto

Last edited by ASt85; Jul 16th, 2019 at 14:29. Reason: Screen shot apology
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote