View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2016, 13:16   #15
qpr

Default Fuel Filter

The message "Engine System Service Required" appeared for first time about two weeks after I changed my fuel filter last November. I have S60 D5 D5244T over 180 000 miles . I read very carefully all threads here related to this message, and noticed that the message was appearing on the screen immediately and every time after I was reaching 3000 rpm with losing power, no matter how many times I was switching off and on the engine.

So, I went to the garage yesterday and replaced the air and fuel filters (this time I purchased original Volvo filter kit). We switched on and off the engine few times after replacement to check what error codes I get. Two appeared and could not be cleared (see the pics below).

Anyway, after the replacement of air and fuel filters yesterday, my car is running OK again and the annoying message doesn`t appear anymore on the dashboard. I tried many times to accelerate and check the airflow, fuel injection and everything else which could come to my mind after all posts here related to that fault, and so far I do NOT have problems. The problem for my car was the fuel filter. I hope this can be from help to many people and save them a lot of money for trying to replace turbo, swirl arms, injectors, etc. For diagnostics, cleaning the MAF and replacement of air and fuel filters I was charged £30.00 in total.

Last edited by qpr; Feb 14th, 2016 at 13:33.
qpr is offline   Reply With Quote