Thread: Cop car vs HGV
View Single Post
Old Feb 26th, 2017, 03:31   #3
TheLeeds

1 - Use of an indicator does not confer any right to move into the path of another vehicle.

2 - HGVs are not allowed in lane 3, so it's fair to say the traffic copper was entitled to his reasonable expectation that the lorry would not move into it.

3 - Plod car had lights on so there's hardly an excuse for moving over when it wasn't safe to do so.

I see in the youtube comments, people saying the motorway went down to 2 lanes so the lorry was allowed to be in the far right hand lane, but that's not correct, because at the time of the impact, there were 3 lanes, and the lorry moved into the 3rd one, which isn't allowed.
I appreciate the police car was approaching the lorry quite fast, however, considering the accident wouldn't have happened if the lorry hadn't gone into lane 3, I would have said the lorry driver to blame in that one. Anyone know if he was prosecuted, and if so, what was the outcome ?