Thread: Cop car vs HGV
View Single Post
Old Feb 26th, 2017, 09:25   #6
VivaLaVolvo

Contributory negligence on both sides here.

120+mph with No Blues and Twos? Really? Is that acceptable? I also doubt whether he had flashing headlamps on to be honest.

Left hand sweep - truck driver had no chance of seeing cop car in right hand wing mirror, not sure about left hand one.

Even if he'd seen it, it would have been miles back to begin with so wouldn't be able to identify it as a police car at speed given the lack of blue lights and probably wouldn't have been able to judge the speed of it.

Having said that, he should have been more aware of his surroundings. I understand what he was saying about turning right so needed to move across but there were signs saying the carriageway goes from three to two so no need for him to pull across.

Cop should have had better anticipation, especially since he didn't have blues and twos going. Well, he should have anticipated the actions of the truck driver AND had his blues and twos going. He's an advanced driver. Expect the unexpected. He's as much at fault, if not more, than the truck driver IMHO.

Then the recollected clip about his blow out. He says he was doing 120mph and the tyre blew out and he lost it and spun. "I decided that going along the hard shoulder at that speed with a blown tyre would have been dangerous so tried my npbest to control it". What? Seriously. Mate, your tyre blew at high speed, you couldn't control the vehicle (let's face it, who could?), it spun, it crashed, you survived. The only thing going through your mind was oh ****, don't retrospectively try and make out that you considered different options. You did well not to die, let's just leave it at that.

The man has a dangerous attitude. We don't need people like that policing our roads.
VivaLaVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VivaLaVolvo For This Useful Post: