View Single Post
Old Feb 19th, 2019, 10:30   #23
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobbo View Post
HAHA! Okay so "logic" as follows...

rtxian remarked about not having enough diffusion/scatter above the cut off, so hence I though well just wire it in to the sidelights perhaps then the shutter will always be down and he'll get the diffusion.
Also I find that my high beam is quite possibly TOO bright when approaching signs haha...
My rationale for getting the D2S fitment projectors was really just based on not having another choice on Ali Express! But they were about £45 after discounts so I though well I might as well just get some LED bulbs while I'm at it as I don't want the possible problems associated with aftermarket Xenon WM/CEM failures.
Yea.... no....

as rxtian said - you simply CANT leave shutter up all the time. Its equal to driving with full beam. Shutter on bixenon goes DOWN when electromagnet is activated with high-beams, releasing the full beam pattern

The type of bulb in this case makes no difference - Halogen, xenon, LED - its only a light-generating source, its the shutter that makes correct low-beam cutoff.
Also - why would you want to wire them to parking lights???

I get your point with D2S availability, but I seriously hope now it will work for you. Its proven by a lot of people that LEDs are really hard to match to achieve decent results and you may end up with light pattern scattered everywhere. THen you will have no other option than a) go full HID, b) revert back to oem projectors. And you really dont want to juggle them too often.

Fingers crossed for your mod, I will be very interested to see results so make sire u do some pics please.
btw - can you show link to LED bulbs you choose? just out of interest
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bl30.jpg (61.3 KB, 59 views)