View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 17:25   #17
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Hi Derek,

I asked about the engine before I bought it and he said he stripped it, honed and new rings but everything else was good so definitely not rebuilt so a bit of an exaggeration on his part. I did plan on doing the top half of the engine only but I don't trust what he's done so will do the bottom end as have most of the parts already. We (DJS) stripped the engine today and will get the machining done as soon as possible and rebuild the engine. Will need to chase up some parts like the twin SU linkages and a aluminium intake manifold that matches the E head so if anyone has one please get in touch.

I will be selling the wheels for sure as they are outrageous and ruin the ride. Thinking 17" torque thrust II might be a nice wheel for the car for me. I do like modern mags on old cars but I am from oz and we have different tastes with a lot of this sort of thing. I do have the original steel rims so it's not changing anything.

I'll do a thread on the Amazon and what I plan to do but I'm not doing any body mods with this car. Lowered with nice mags, good paint, bright work and a clean interior in good condition is what I want. Will do a few tweaks with the engine and want to get the few little bodywork issues resolved and make the car water tight etc. Megajolt the ignition, E head and twin SUs should make a nice usable engine I think.

Do you know what I would need with regard to the exhaust after the header?

No worries about the headrests, I may put them in as the seats could do with them on long journeys but they feel good around town the way they are so not 100% sure what I will do yet.

Do you plan on doing a thread on your estate?

Cheers,

Mitch
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote