View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2019, 22:31   #118
Railman69

I have been using Shell v-power Diesel in my 2006 xc90 D5 for quite a time
I found it expensive per Litre but, the engine gradually ran smoother and more responsive.

Recently, I moved over to using BP Ultimate Diesel with Active Technology, this too was more expensive at £1.42p / Litre.

With the first tank full, The car was transformed in 2 days. very smooth and somewhat more sporty to drive. The cold start was not hesitant any more and the engine fired up quicker and idles smooth without vibrations.

Yes, both fuels are costly and good, but I'm looking for a cleaner engine (injectors, emissions, etc. as opposed to putting fuel additives in the tank.

I can honestly say the BP fuel is now my 1st choice, the overall performance is superb, not sluggish, but I must say the miles/gallon so far, is about the same consumption.

I've always used shell v-power in my Ford Ranger 3.2 Diesel truck and seemed ok but when I used the BP Ultimate with Active technology instead, the Ford too became a more sporty truck to drive.

So I'm staying with BP fuel now in the hope it does what BP claims cleaner engine etc and will monitor any change in Mpg
Railman69 is offline   Reply With Quote