View Single Post
Old Jan 7th, 2017, 11:08   #29
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

If this car has had doen all the things on 'the list' it's worth buying. Frankly the PCV, heater core, etc etc done are worth £7-800 over and above to anyone. Simply becasue it'll cost more than that in labour to get it done.

Looks tidy, which is seductive. Careful, don't get a hard-on for this sort of thing too easily. I'd not be too taken in by a car that looks clean. Pulling the trans dipstick and seeing dark red or pink, seeing a heater-core done, and feeling for a nice squidgy and soft PCV hose etc etc would be my 'kink'. Else you've got a month of weekends to do these jobs, and that comes off your price. 150K is only average. I'm found one at the moment with 65K on it. At 150K, if the jobs have not been done, it's not unheard of cars like it to see the breaker pile by 160K. Show me a cambelt sticker and a ripped seat. That is the car you really want. (seats are a quick & cheap fix) Else, you can look at Barrification 'Wideboyz innit' alloys and wheel swaps all you like.

On the other hand, at 150K, get extra horny for two Magnefines etc etc under the bonnet That sort of thing speaks a volume. Find that car and it's worth nearly as much as a 65K example, and might well stay running for longer.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jan 7th, 2017 at 11:34.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote