View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2016, 17:01   #1009
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey1512 View Post
TEM - Mine has just been changed for the second time, 3rd version in the car since new. The dealer held back initially as they hoped to carry out the new fix but had to give in as they estimate it is another month away. Nearly but not yet. If you can I would hold on as this, may, resolve it permanently.

If you have it then don't be afraid to use Volvo Assist, especially if the tortoise appears. They will collect your car and take it to the dealers. They also provide a hire car if needed. You still have to go and collect your car but it helps some of the way.

I can't help but think Volvo should be doing a bit of PR for all customers inconvenienced by this. Going backwards and forwards to the dealers is a pain and a few Volvo freebies would not go amiss. TEM's round trip is an extreme one but for all us going through this it is very time consuming and irritating.
Fortunately, so far the car has never gone into limp mode.
If you think that a fix maybe around a month away, this would work out fine for service time.
Once Easter is past, I will phone the dealer.

tem.