View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2018, 20:59   #14
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

I understand that insurance companies are commonly considered 'fair game' by many, but some of the above comments do seem unnecessarily harsh upon the industry in general and the OP in particular.

While no one likes paying for something that they feel they may never need, third party insurance is a legal requirement. It is also a truism that the most expensive insurance is the one that you have not got. Insurance premiums vary for many reasons, driver's age, experience, occupation, postcode and so on, as well as the make and model of car driven, to name but a few. It is also a very competitive industry and comparative premiums for a given level of cover may easily be obtained if desired from an internet search.

Let us discuss the merits or otherwise of different tyres by all means, but let us also afford the OP the same courtesy in doing so as we would expect ourselves. I see nothing to cause offense in the original post. I read it as a well-intentioned 'heads up' which we are free to dismiss or accept as we wish.

I would add that I have no connection with the OP or the insurance industry in general, but I do like to see fair play.

Regards, John.