Thread: S80: Electrical - That bonnet switch!
View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 11:32   #17
m3yky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsfield View Post
I also have the "Bonnet Open" message. I unplugged the twin cable connector on the right side of the car and put a paperclip jumper across the feed and the warning went. So I suppose this is conclusive that the car is not receiving a circuit closed signal from the switch and despite spraying with a lot of WD40 Silicone Spray, it doesn't seem to want to operate. I cannot leave the cable plugged in as the alarm goes off at random. I also have a warning that the alarm needs servicing.. Is the switch easy to DIY change? if it were renewed could I bank on the crisis being over or could the fault be in the alarm as well? Am I taking any risk of damaging the system if I leave the paperclip in place shorting out the switch feed?

In addition to my woes, I have failed for the multiple time to install VIDA on my laptop and cannot carry out any diagnostics. I am going to post a plea for help with the installation but meanwhile I either leave the paperclip in place or take a bulging wallet round to the dealers!
Did this myself over the weekend! Great fix. Just double check the bonnet is shut of course!
m3yky is offline   Reply With Quote