View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2017, 12:16   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattievrs View Post
Just bought the bloody car last Saturday and done 150 miles in it. 2015 v40 d4 with 58000 on the clock and fvsh. Tonight the eml comes on and the cars running like a bag of carp. Wouldn’t tick over or drive at all. AA mans come out and code read it, and it’s come up with a air mass too high fault code and an egr general fault. He unplugged the air mass meter and no change, so plugged back in. Then blanked the egr off and it runs fine apart from the eml.

So, I took out an AA warrantee when I bought it, but it has a 14 day exclusion period so doesn’t cover for the first 14 days! So I know that I can’t use that to get it sorted.......... where do I stand with the used car dealer (not volvo) in terms of a warrantee and/or the law?

Finally I’m luckily in a position that if needed I can find the money to get volvo to do the work but what are your views or suggestions?
the garage you bought the car from is responsible for this , drop it back on his doorstep and advise them to give it to a volvo dealer as it might be to their advantage . It is the EGR Valve stuck open it will need a new one ...