View Single Post
Old Apr 19th, 2018, 23:49   #32
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

You're welcome Phil - since i used ATF all those years ago i've not used anything else in any dashpots, whether it was a Volvo or not. Always had better response, economy and power from all the cars i've used it on.

Once you've got it all timed up etc, can i suggest trying a couple of tankfuls of BP Ultimate instead of Shell V-Power?

I've always found that my Volvos have run better on that than V-Power (and many other cars as well) and the bonus is, BP supply Sainsburys with their fuel so you can buy it cheaper at Sainsburys (Super Unleaded) and save yourself a few quid.

Normally i wouldn't even suggest supermarket fuels let alone recommend them but there's a long-standing supply arrangement with Sainsburys and BP and you get Nectar points on both places too!

On another forum i'm on, we did a "group test" of various fuels ranging from supermarket fuels to BP Ultimate and Shell V-Power including most others available in several different areas.
The two branded fuels that came out on top were BP and Shell with Sainsburys the same as BP (as it should be) but the worst in our test group was Tesco fuel - all other supermarkets were better than Tesco and Shell and BP were the best of the lot with Sainsburys tieing with BP.

That sort of makes it sound as if Shell won the test - it did and it didn't. On certain engines it was better but on a slightly different engine (from the same manufacturer but slightly older version) the BP was better. Some of the people involved in the test had both sorts of the engines in question and they confirmed this as well.

Has to be worth a try once you've got all the other things right! It may or maybe won't be better for yours but there shoudln't be any harm in trying.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote