Thread: C30 General : - Few questions.
View Single Post
Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 22:36   #6
SteEnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
Well, if you think "tenner for a piece of plastic is steep" you dont want to dig too much into Volvo's OEM parts pricing ;PP
Especially related to R trim

As for lights - position 0 is Volvo's version of DRL but with all lights on (front&back&sides). However, by using PWM (Voltage modulation) in this position, halogen bulbs are not as bright as in position 2 (lights on) so in theory they use less power and should withstand longer. I think PWM is around 60% although for a human eye its hard to see the difference. In position 2 or when it gets dark, car switch to different PWM mode and normal "lights on".
EDIT - on position 0 your high beams wont "stick" - you can only flash but wont stay on. just FYI
Its up to you whether you want to drive on position 1 (parking) all the time and possibly forget about it once or twice (= battery dead and nasty surprise) or drive on pos0 at day and leave it to car to deal with it, but I dont know if trying to "save the bulbs" is worth it, especially that H7 are not expensive and easy to replace on those cars.
Thanks mate.
Well I thought the cap was expensive as I managed to buy an auto dimming RVM for £20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey80 View Post
Hi Ste,

I have a set of floor mats you can buy if you like?
I actually bought a new set for £37, cheers though!
SteEnt is offline   Reply With Quote