View Single Post
Old Aug 27th, 2018, 16:36   #1
Craig S

Default D4 VEA Start/Stop - Stalling & Lumpy running

I have been having a few issues with my 2015 D4 VEA stalling after the start stop has engaged.

It tends to happen when the car has not fully warmed up, but enough that the start/stop function kicks in. So the temp guage is rising but not at full normal operating temperature.

As the car starts moving, the car can without warning just completely shut down as if it's not getting enough fuel. Occasionally I have managed to catch it but if it happens I have to apply a lot more revs than normal to pull away (about 1500+ rpm) otherwise it stalls again.

Also when the engine is in that kind of temperature range it can be very lumpy when going back on the throttle after a period of being off the throttle. It feels like a misfire, as if one of the cylinders is getting no fuel then all of a sudden it bursts into life. Occasionally it needs a bit of Italian tuning for it to return to sensible running again.

There are no check engine lights or any other signs that there is a problem.

The car is run exclusively on V-Power Diesel/BP Ultimate/Esso Supreme as I find it runs very lumpy on ordinary diesel. That and the fact that with premium diesel economy goes up by around 10-15%.
Craig S is offline   Reply With Quote