Thread: Loan car
View Single Post
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 17:21   #15
weemark

For info - just send this to the DP at Volvo Shrewsbury - I was surprised how lacklustre the whole thing was

-----------------

Had my car in for service with you today and surprised with the way you were doing business in this C-19 world we now live in. A few thoughts offered honestly and in a constructive manner

1) The solid screens at the service desks are nothing more than desk ornaments - you cannot do business the way they are configured so you talk round them rather than through them and they are doing nothing to protect either your staff or your customers. Surely this could have been designed along the lines of those you see in banks?

2) I was assured yesterday keys would be handed over via some kind of bag/plastic box arrangement - this wasn’t true this morning at least. They were simply taken and passed across hand to hand, completely unsterilised. This afternoon on pickup they were passed to me in a plastic bag.

3) When I had to sign the service consent form nnnnn walked round the desk, stood next to me and handed me the form and her pen to use. So no social distancing at all and could you not provide separate pens for customer use along with wipes so they can be sterilised before/after every use?

4) No-one that I could see (other than me) was wearing either a mask/face covering or gloves and there was no washing or sterilisation of hands in the time I was there

5) Nnnnn insisted on taking me to the loan car, getting in and showing me how it started (the same as mine!!) so touched a whole load of surfaces, start/stop button etc. Needless to say I spent the next 5 minutes wiping everything down with Dettol, though to be fair I was always going to do this anyway.

6) Documents - all documents printed, handled and handed over directly. Why not put them in a plastic bag then use a sterile wipe on the outside of the bag and hand over using the wipe as a ‘handle’?

So all in all a pretty disappointing approach and if I’m brutally honest other than a few bits of tape on the floor, a bottle of hand sanitiser and a couple of plastic ornaments on the service desks there is zero change from normal business. If I’d known the arrangements were so poor I’d have postponed the service (even though it was overdue) and left my car gathering dust on the drive - having only done 40 miles in the 10 weeks prior to today it’s not as though I was in the process of wearing things out!

Hope you don’t think this too negative, I’m trying to be helpful and suggest ways you could improve