View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2018, 20:48   #24
UltE

Sorry for the slow reply again, work is killing me at the moment. Also got a new issue to deal with! Yay

I had a slight aux belt chuffing noise when I got the car that went after a few seconds. It's gradually reached the point now where is continually chuffing and softly squeaking (chirping?) all the time at lower revs even after warming up.

So I need new belts and tensioners and I'm seeing two belts. I can find the 848 ribbed one on the alternator, but no part number or sale of the other belt on the air con pump (I think?, at a quick glance).

Also while glancing the belts I noticed oil on the sump, and traced it to a leak in the power steering pipeline on a stupid point where a bracket wraps over a bit that's doomed to split. It seems I can't do naff all with that one bit that's split (i took the pic after tying a bit of rubber over the area of the split to reduce spray as i wondered if it was that causing the belt noise). I assume it's the whole pipe line needing replacement. Thus would anyone know if the t5 is specific or if others fit (2.4s, diesel etc).

With the knocking I noticed the front right to be a lot louder when I booted out of a turning. My eyes seem drawn to the large rear bush on the back of the lower wishbone- are these the ones prone to go?

On the audio front, I'm thinking the switch I found is to a radio overide type box. I haven't time yet to pull it all out but I snapped a pic of the switch location, wires it uses and roughly where they are heading. Also a pic of what I'm guessing is an amp in the boot behind the left side panel in the boot?

So any ideas on the belts, bushes, and power steering pipe it would be much appreciated, again. Oh and my compression tester and plugs arrived today so I'll so I'll do that asap.

rsz_20180801_103706.jpg

20180721_165953.jpg

20180721_170449_001.jpg

20180721_170504.jpg

20180721_175519.jpg

Last edited by UltE; Aug 1st, 2018 at 20:52.
UltE is offline   Reply With Quote