View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 18:03   #30
UltE

Sorry it's been ages. Thought I'd update and pose a new question

Starting with the latter, I need the lower rear bush on the front drivers side and my V50 being 2005 there is confusion on the part number as apparently there are variants? Anyone know the OE number or anything or otherwise a pointer to save me buying the wrong one?

MOT is due, I know the bush is long gone as is the tyre along with it. Chirping is definitely the aux belts. Still dripping oil a bit by the breather housing however I have an odd suspicion that the dip stick isn't original and too long and it's been overfilled with oil, hence the smoke when first bought and the over oily air filter and leak (maybe).

Did a compression test on all cylinders which all read the same across all 5 cylinders (sorry I've forgotten the reading, 165psi?) No coolant loss and no smoke. New plugs in (trying Bosch for now), engine seems okay for 138k miles.

Only issues I am having now other than the bush is that little oil leak, chirpy belt and when the clutch gets hot the gears won't engage (and release baring starts chuffing). Running wise it was still a tiny bit lumpy on start up and I had major power loss over 3k rpm for weeks, but after being parked up unused for a week at the beginning of the month it starts and runs steady and is pulling beautifully. Absolutely no idea as the battery didn't drain or anything, it just had a period of lumpy cold start and a power drop (almost like no turbo boost plus half the engine capacity), now it feels 2.5 and boosted again and no issues since.

Anyway that's all my joyness to date. Ended my work contract early and needing to take the v50 for test and feeling anxious of course
UltE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UltE For This Useful Post: