Thread: Deathtrap
View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2018, 15:20   #1
R-P
Master Member

Default Deathtrap

Right now I am so furious, I just want to drive it into a lake and forget about the darn thing.

There's something wrong, but it affects the locks in such a way that the doors cannot be opened with the levers. So if we were to be in it while I drive it into a lake (...), we would die a horrible death because the doors will simply not open. (Remote control doesn't work, central locking doesn't work when manually opening the driver-door, which is the only door we can open, thanks to the key).

How can this be that some malfunctioning piece of electronics can prevent a mechanical opening of the door with the doorlever? In a supposedly safe car???

AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH

Oh, and the dash does not function (apart from a few lights), the accelleration is worse than ever, the indicators don't work and the automatic rearview mirror is in night-mode. All (different) fuses that are related to these malfunctions seem OK.

Edit: this is scary... when googling it I get a post by myself from 2013... It's 30 degrees C again, like last time...

This also claims it is communication issues, but no solution. I wouldn't call disconnecting the battery a 'solution'.

Last edited by R-P; May 28th, 2018 at 15:42.
R-P is offline   Reply With Quote