Thread: Deathtrap
View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2018, 23:35   #7
R-P
Master Member

I fixed my issues. Hopefully.

Info here about what is wrong: from 2005 onwards, the CPU from the CEM (Central Electronics Module), has a heatsink. But up to 2004 they don't. Which make sense since the error both times occured at 30C outside temps and my AC is broken, so in the car it will be 30C too. Some people also have had the error occur when it was freezing outside (the foot-warm-air output is close to this computer).

Will post some pics lateron.

After putting everything together, I had a message in the infoscreen saying "GUARD VOLLEDIG" (translates to "guard complete"). Googling this it shows it has to do with the alarm and you can shut off certain parts of it. You can set it to GUARD BEPERKT (something like "partial"), for when you e.g. leave your dog in the car. It will then turn OFF the internal sensors AND it will also NOT disable the possibility to open the doors from the inside.

So it is a deliberate function to disable the possibility to open your doors from the INSIDE.

I don't understand. Is it designed for a burgler after smashing in your window so he cannot get out by opening the door? Or to prevent a bad-guy who sneaked in and had himself be locked inside the car from getting out?

Last edited by R-P; May 31st, 2018 at 23:39.
R-P is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to R-P For This Useful Post: