View Single Post
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 18:19   #7
ASt85
Premier Member

Hi pepper16, I do agree - it is a bargain price for that sort of mileage C70 particularly as it has had the cam belt changed.

They are great cars and much stronger than the later models or indeed those the competing manufacturers, also it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a any form of the pre 2005/6 model in that sort of order. I truly believe that those well maintained models will appreciate in value significantly over the next few years. The fact that you would have to pay well in excess of the asking price on a dealers forecourt speaks volumes.

I paid more than andrew_s46's asking price last March for a one owner 2005 model with just under 40K on the clock and have spent several hundred so far replacing damaged rear springs & shocks, repairing wiring oddities, not to mention the cam and aux belt replacement.

I left the original water pump untouched (but bought a new spare "just in case" the OEM felt the need to expire before the usual 180k or so miles for which they are known to be good) as it is my intention to keep the one I bought on the road as long as possible.

To date my spend has exceeded andrew_s46's asking price by a good £650, so who ever buys andrew_s46's starts at a bargain price for a low mileage car - think how much you would have to pay for a similar mileage Mk2 but only a couple of years on it and you'll not be getting any change out of £15K.

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ASt85 For This Useful Post: