View Single Post
Old Oct 10th, 2017, 15:53   #4
scottyb0y89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw View Post
That looks like a special car - well done on obtaining it!

Is this your first 400? Your first Volvo? Whatever, welcome - it's nice to see a new 400 series owner on here since, unfortunately, this section of the forum tends to be as quiet as the grave most of the time...

David
Thanks David!

It's my second 400 Series, I owned a near identical 440 GS 1.8 back in 2013 but it unfortunately met it's maker when the power steering system failed and i couldn't find some of the parts i needed so it was scrapped sadly!

I've been looking at 440s ever since as i thought it was a wonderful car, so comfy, smooth and quiet. It had no trouble keeping up with modern traffic. The issue being that most of the cars that showed up on eBay/gumtree etc were either absolute rot boxes or were the low spec models which have nothing in comparison to the GS.

I've also owned a 1.4 340 DL, which i must admit i didn't like! And up until last weekend i had a 2005 S40 diesel but some little chav ran into the back of it and it's a write off so this 440 is my only Volvo at the moment. I had to make the choice between buying this and buying an S80 V8 which i had my eye on! Think i made the right decision though! hehe
scottyb0y89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scottyb0y89 For This Useful Post: