View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 18:43   #3
marky4

Well Damo , i sold mine to a dealer and ended up getting £28000 for it .What a mistake i am well cheesed off. I was looking for a 2019 Inscription i knew i couldn't afford one with the spec mine had but had a look in a dealers not too far from me. I told him what i could afford and he tried to get me to buy new ... nope , how about a XC60 ...... nope , sure you dont want new nope so to be fair he didn't have what i wanted but said he would keep in touch , and he did. He totally forgot what i was looking for but did keep ringing me on a few occasions. The last time he rang he said how about a 69 plate R Design with full leather and the Zenium pack i said no but made the mistake of changing my mind. This is where you will think what a thick Yorkshire idiot i am , and you are right. It came in late on a friday night two weeks ago , i rang him on the saturday and said can i see it. He was reluctant because it hadn't been prepped. Anyway i went down and it just needed a deep clean a service and m.o.t. It had full service history and we agreed a price a little more than i wanted to pay but there you go. He said we will put £50 of fuel in it you just need to pay £200 to secure it. Ok so i did. I asked about Volvo on call which he said there would be a charge for if the subscription had lapsed .I couldn't test drive it because he said it had a soft tyre???? . I couldn't see one. Anyway it was ready to collect last thursday afternoon at 2pm . He kept me waiting for 15 mins then we sorted out the finer details. I had to pay 24 hours in advance of collection and when i looked at the invoice the £50 for fuel was charged to me and the £200 deposit wasn't taken off the full amount . He told me the fuel wasn't free but to pay £200 less than the total Still no test drive. So we got in the car and he got the car history out and removed a service sheet because it had personal details of the previous owner on , i said ok ,i asked again about Volvo on call and he quoted me £135 (i had just paid £41000 for the car ) then i said there's no fuel in it so he said sorry my fault i forgot we took the car for fuel came back and off i went. When i got home i noticed the load cover was missing, i rang up and was told the salesman was handing over another car but would ring me back , he didn't , the following day i rang and he said my fault i will order you one. Then on saturday i looked at the history only to find the first service was by Volvo and the second by ATS ?????? . To say i was fuming was an understatement. I spoke to him today and he said it was no problem i said but it isn't full Volvo history he said they have to use genuine Volvo parts so don't worry. So to recap he charged me £50 for the fuel he made out was free , he didn't knock the £200 deposit off the final invoice , the charge for Volvo on call would be £135 which i ended up getting from another dealer for £34.90 the load cover was missing and he never mentioned it and the valet was poor to say the least .He has just put mine on Autotrader @ £31490 .If you buy from a main dealer make sure you dont make the same rookie mistakes i did. Sorry to bore you , i'm livid
marky4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marky4 For This Useful Post: