View Single Post
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 20:34   #5
Simmy
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
I've recently bought a 53 plate V70R. It's on 113k with FSH, and generally tidy.
So far on my list to check / fix are:
- Wheel refurb - all 4 are tatty at the edges. Been quoted £82 each (provided they can match paint colour, or a bit more if they can't and need to buy it in).
- Rear diff and angle box have signs of leaking. Have bought correct oil from Volvo and will drain and re-fill both soon.
- Exhaust - has met a speed bump in the past and is out of shape at the middle box, and expands and rubs the propshaft when hot, causing a ringing noise. Hopefully easy enough to bend back or adjust mounts - but....
- Exhaust. Not blowing yet but rear box is in a bad way. New cat-back system about £650 from Volvo, or been quoted £500 from PowerFlow for a bespoke system. Unsure if this would spoil the 'sleeper' characteristics of the car. I hate chavvy exhaust noise!
- Front bumper a bit low where it meets wing on one side. Suspect the plastic bracket behind there is broken, will investigate.
- Needs a front fog light. £ouch from Volvo so monitoring ebay.
- Eventually needs 4 brake disks, was an MOT advisory for corrosion. Simple enough job. Genuine Volvo or aftermarket?
- There is a slight knock from the front suspension, and I can feel play in the drop-links, so will start there.

The front Monroe shocks look like they have been changed fairly recently, but I've not found evidence in the history yet to confirm this.

Otherwise, everything seems to work.
The clutch is a bit fierce compared to my D5, but I assume that's normal?
Anything else I should be checking or recommended to upgrade?
hand brake shoes can delaminate and cause hub damage
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote