Thread: Radio Woes
View Single Post
Old Aug 15th, 2019, 20:54   #12
lnparry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
The CR-905 radio in my oldest 940 failed in a similar manner about ten years ago. In those days replacements were readily available on eBay as the cars were at that age where people acquiring them were looking to “upgrade” rather than retain the authentic stock appearance. I paid 99p for a working head unit as I recall.

It’s quite easy to swap the radio over but you will need to use special tools or two suitable sized flat blade screwdrivers to release the spring clips through the small slots on either side. If it’s original fitment there is probably also a spring clip stuck to the top of the radio. It will pull out against that one but will come out much easier if you slide a flat dinner knife in to release it. I can probably find a photo of the clips to help if you’re struggling to extract yours.
Came out just as Forrest describes (Thanks!). The clips on top of the radio are more like springey pieces of metal to help hold the radio firmly in place so simple to gently ease out having released the two clips on the side.

The plastic surround is screwed to the radio by 4 screws (2 each side) so easy to swap over.

The great news is that my second-hand CR906 bought a few years ago in a job lot worked perfectly including the cassette so I have music again. Shame in a way as I have been quite getting used to the hum of the red block to ease my journey to work.

Cheers,
LeeP
lnparry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lnparry For This Useful Post: