View Single Post
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 03:09   #8
canis
Non Fragile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDTWENTY View Post
Thanks for that, so mine being a 97 would only have 1 which is what I thought and its pre cat. This figures with a rich fuelling then and a bad cat, the lambda light is on to say the mixture is out and the cat isn't doing its job of removing the harmful gasses as seen from the emissions test in the high CO.

I kind of recall a petrol smell when I pulled the injectors out, may check if they're leaking, any other ideas?
Ah, interesting. Not many of the phase 1 models still around, even mine is parked on the garden, but there's a lot to like about them and in my opinion they are in many ways superior to the other marques.

There are many things which can cause over-fuelling. The obvious answer is to get the OBD codes read, although in this regard the phase 1 is a bit of a nuisance - it only partially adheres to OBD standards. And you need the technology. A PC can do it, just barely, although my attempts were rather hit-n-miss.

Off the top of my head, I would suspect the lambda sensor, the MAP and MAF sensors also. Without accurate diagnosis you'll be guessing.

I wish I could help more.
canis is offline   Reply With Quote