View Single Post
Old Oct 21st, 2018, 01:30   #73
blueosprey90
Master Member

Progress is tediously slow. I managed to install the Hushmat on the driver’s side front (toe board and floor) today and to lay the driver’s side carpet down – at least temporarily. Because the carpet is so cheaply made, and wants to unravel when cut, I bought 4 dimmer switch grommets for the pedals. The dimmer switch grommet is apparently for a mid-1950s Chevrolet, but it is a nice piece 1” center diameter and the back is 2 ¾”. The top that you see is about 2”in diameter. Part K17 from The Miami Corporation in Cincinnati, Ohio. Time will tell if they will work as I think the brake & clutch pedal have some up and down motion when pressed, and the grommet on the gas pedal may prevent accelerating at wide open throttle. Tomorrow, I hope to get the pedals test fitted.

For the inside door frame, I purchased what is described as “door aperture trim”, part 99457, also known as windlace. Does anyone know how this is supposed to be attached (mine looks like it’s nailed down with carpet tacks) and how I can get it under the head liner at the top of the door?
blueosprey90 is offline   Reply With Quote